December 31, 2012
Top Ten Reviews of 2012
You know how it is with book lovers. Everyone in our household got books as gifts. We gave books as gifts. And we got gift cards. We are still trying to decide what to spend them on so I was wondering if you were in the a similar situation. If so, this list might help. These are the top 10 books that I reviewed in 2012.
- I’m Bored by Michael Ian Black, illustrated by Debbie Ridpath Ohi (Simon and Schuester) Humorous picture book.
- Thank You, Mr. Falker, by Patricia Polacco (Philomel Books) Picture book about the author struggling to learn to read.
- Should I Share My Ice Cream: An Elephant & Piggie Book, by Mo Willems (Hyperion) Humorous early reader.
- How Do Dinosaurs Say Happy Chanukah? by Jane Yolen and illustrated by Mark Teague (Blue Sky Press) Humorous picture book.
- The Hunchback Assignments by Arthur Slade (Wendy Lamb Books) Steam punk fantasy middle grade.
- Step Gently Out by Helen Frost and Rick Lieder (Candlewick Press ) Picture book combining poetry and photography.
- The Strange Case of Origami Yoda by Tom Angleberger (Amulet Books). Middle grade novel.
- Cornered: 14 Stories of Bullying and Defiance by Rhoda Belleza (Running Press) Young adult about bullying.
- Last Laughs: Animal Epitaphs by J. Patrick Lewis and Jane Yolen, illustrated by Jeffrey Stewart Timmins (Charlesbridge) Poetry and illustration.
- Timeless Thomas by Gene Barretta (Christy Ottaviano Books/Henry Holt and Company)